Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #17

Podcasts would be a valuable tool for my classroom. I really like the podcast with video or visuals more that just an auditory one. I found the Jamestown Podcast #72 would be a great way for me to implement a podcast for my students. I really loved the pictures that went along with the kids poems. Then the second podcast I enjoyed... First Grade Teachers usually don't find a lot for science but I found a goldmine using the DragonFly Podcast. It was kid friendly and had a lot of information that would help support TEKS. For my personal use I liked the Merrian Webster Dictionary with a word of the day. What a great way to learn new words. I will add that to my morning classroom routine for myself before the kids arrive each and every school morning. I am glad I was able to find so many fun things to use both professionally and personally too.

No comments:

Post a Comment