Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #16

WOW! Where do I start? I wish I would have had this LibraryThing when I first started teaching school 16 years ago! I am famous for buying the same books over and over. This could have saved me some cash for other stories! I did join Library Thing! I really liked Children's Fiction Group. There were a lot of good posting on there.I will use this site when I get a brain freeze in the classroom and need other assistance when I am puzzled! Plus, I loved the topic list. I found the topic Books You Loved As A Young Child, it sent me down memory lane. I will have to read a few of those oldies to my daughter this summer.

I have been reading My Sister's Keeper so the Book Suggester was very useful. It offered other ideas for me when I am finished with this fantastic story. The Unsuggester was very unique, but true. I really wasn't interested in those types of novels.

I feel like my students would like to sign up for the Book Challenge. That would motivate her to read. So I love that idea. I am wondering if it would be effective in the classroom to for choice reading time. I might try it when school starts. It was a fun learning about LibraryThing!

No comments:

Post a Comment