Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #19

This was a new skill for me tonight. I haven't ever heard of VoiceThreads. I wish I would have known about this years ago. I will have my own kids record their thoughts about this summer adventures that we have together. So I can treasure not only the picture but their voice, spelling, and drawings. For the classroom, I loved the idea of showing classical art and having the kids describe it. They did this using the Norman Rockwell piece. I am always trying to figure how the kids can produce something with the information gained from research units so this would be perfect. I enjoyed the book A to Z in the Library.
I feel like this would help kids communicate better. There true feelings would come out as they are expressing themselves using more creative sources. Lots of good things to think about for the new school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment